On behalf of Dash Hudson, Venor is looking for a skilled and passionate Senior Product Designer to help build products for the world’s leading brands and publishers. One of our region’s top entrepreneurial success stories, Dash Hudson’s platform helps inform strategy and leverage actionable insights for meaningful audience engagement.
As the Senior Product Designer, you will report to the Director of Product Design and will work closely with product and engineering teams to design beautiful and easy-to-use products for the world’s leading brands and publishers. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. If you’re looking to build best-in-class, functional products and work with a dynamic, forward-thinking team with an innovative spirit, this could be the opportunity for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with Product Managers to identify problems and perform research and user testing to validate solutions
- Map user journeys and utilize visual tools, including wireframes and flow diagrams, to present ideas to relevant team members
- Produce designs that align with design principles and style guidelines while continuing to innovate and raise the bar to bring value through design
- Work with engineers to understand technical constraints. Produce designs that balance the best UX possible with implementation efforts
- Present hi-fi designs and communicate flows and interactions to relevant stakeholders. Prepare notes and annotations when required to ensure a smooth handoff to development teams
- Follow the development progress of a project and review the implementation regularly. Help engineers identify issues, provide design solutions, and improve usability. Ensure the implementation meets design requirements and usability standards.
- Maintain design handoffs and source files
- Identify UX issues with existing designs, assess impact, and suggest improvements
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience designing interactive digital products and systems, in addition to websites
- Passion for the beauty and elegance of user interface
- Solid understanding of user experience & product design principles
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS is preferred
What’s in it for you:
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home flexibility
- Health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Vacation, personal days, and sick time
- RRSP matching
- Annual mental health benefit and quarterly wellness benefit
- Home office allowance
- Donation matching program
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Departmental and team-wide bonding activities
Building a diverse and talented team is an integral part of creating a well-rounded work environment. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested candidates can forward their resume in confidence to Steph MacIntosh via email@example.com or Craig Coady via firstname.lastname@example.org.