Venor is pleased to partner with our client in their search for a Senior Project Manager based out of Bedford, Nova Scotia. The company is the largest biophysical environmental consulting firm on the east coast of Canada. They currently have projects in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.
Our client supplies environmental and regulatory permitting services to sectors such as renewable energy, property development, golf course development, highways and infrastructure, mining, quarrying, municipalities, oil and gas, power plants and high voltage transmission lines. In addition, they also complete wetland and fish habitat restoration projects.
- Provide technical expertise on a variety of permitting, regulatory and environmental impact assessment requirements across multiple provinces
- Project management and all that entails
- Work on multiple projects, in multiple provincial jurisdictions
- Support engagement activities with Indigenous groups, communities, and stakeholders
- Support typical project execution assignments
- Provide direct mentoring to staff
- Conduct field assessments, as required
- Construction permitting
- Construction compliance monitoring
- Reporting, Reporting, Reporting
- Business Development
As the successful candidate, you have a bachelor’s degree in sciences, or a related field, paired with 11+ years of environmental consulting experience, including prior experience in federal and provincial environmental assessments. 5+ years Project management experience, with proven project management skills is also required, along with proven expertise with Federal, Provincial and Territorial regulations and guidelines (Nova Scotia
experience would be an asset). You must also have a valid driver’s license.
As the ideal candidate, you bring to the table demonstrated experience with construction monitoring of projects, or management thereof. You possess basic GIS capabilities and have experience with consultation and engagement. You are someone who is skilled at communication and works strongly with others.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resumes to Erika Hildebrand via firstname.lastname@example.org