Founded in 2012, The Rounds has been modernizing how physicians access and share information because they believe sharing knowledge saves lives. The Rounds is the first secure collaboration network of its kind with a mission to improve global healthcare outcomes by connecting the medical community. In the rapidly-changing healthcare landscape, physicians require a centralized hub to exchange clinical information. Their network provides physicians instant access to trusted communities of practice, learning opportunities, medical peers and experts, as well as curated information related to clinical interests.
Venor is excited to be partnering with The Rounds in their search for an experienced Senior Software Developer to join their growing team. We are seeking a team player who enjoys working cross-functionally with a multidisciplinary team developing high-quality, well-researched code. Senior Software Developer will have a passion for building great web and mobile products using the latest standards and industry best practices. Given the diverse service offering The Rounds provides, the Senior Software Developer role will be involved in the research and development of new products and features (often with new technologies), with a focus on security and privacy compliance.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Playing a critical role in the development of the product platform
- Developing web services using Go, React, GraphQL/Hasura, Docker/Kubernetes, AWS/Azure, PostgreSQL, and microservices architecture
- Writing, designing, and optimizing scalable, reliable, secure, and highly performant code
- Collaborating with other developers to establish best practices for the team
- Participating in code reviews, design reviews, and architecture and coding practice discussions
- Helping to identify new technologies, architecture design patterns, coding trends and how they might relate to improving products and the overall business
What You Will Bring
- Post-secondary education in computer science, web/mobile development or equivalent
- Minimum 3+ years’ directly related experience, preference given to candidates with 5+ years’ experience
- Experience with server-side web languages; ideally Go, but we’re happy with candidates who know Java, C#, node.js or Python
- Strong understanding and knowledge of cloud-native architecture (AWS), microservices, containerization architecture (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary development team and supporting junior developers
- Strong understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Experience researching technologies, and identifying the most correct solutions
- DevOps advocate and experience with code release processes and deployment pipelines
- Ability to think analytically, identify and solve problems through data analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, able to work with cross-functional teams
What We Offer
- Flexible working arrangements (work from home or in the head office located in beautiful Halifax, NS)
- A talented and passionate team who enjoy working together
- An opportunity to shape the landscape of healthcare knowledge translation
- A chance to further develop your career in the rapidly growing healthtech industry
- The ability to be heard and implement your ideas to help modernize how HCP’s connect
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
To learn more about this opportunity, contact Nick Misener via email@example.com.