Venor is pleased to be partnering with Vmo Solutions, a software development company specializing in IT products for the aviation services industry, in their search for a Lead Software developer. This is a full-stack role, with a focus on frontend development for Vmo’s industry-disruptive software which optimizes aircraft and crew resources and creates safer, faster, and more accurate flight planning for airlines.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and hands-on programming of core products and conditioning new product development, including participation in planning and project management discussions.
- Collaborating on the architecture, design, and implementation of product features, enhancements, integrations, frontend interfaces, and outward-facing APIs that can be used internally, by customers or third parties.
- Helping to define best practices and standards while ensuring adherence, as well as conducting code reviews, unit testing, and debugging
- Working closely with project managers to structure timelines, workstreams, and plan for delivery of the products and features.
- Supporting implementation by analyzing current system environments and infrastructure, developing an implementation plan and verification procedures, and ensuring execution to deliver successful deployment of software.
- Help supporting code management practices and processes.
- Coordinating work, facilitating collaboration, providing mentorship and being a technical reference for others
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of related software development experience
- Prior experience as a team or project lead
- Current with best practices for frontend architecture and development
- Competency in a backend language and experience working with databases
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of data relationships
- BS/MS degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent industry experience
Current tech in use:
- NodeJS/ React
- HTML 5/CSS/JSS
- NoSQL/DocStore (MongoDB)
- AWS familiarity
- AWS – Serverless Framework
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.