Venor is proud to partner with our client, Beers Neal PC in their search for a Senior Staff Accountant – Assurance.
Beers Neal PC is one of the largest independent firms of chartered professional accountants within Saint John and surrounding areas. Their work is relied upon by provincial and federal governments for government resource allocation purposes, by bonding companies for large scale construction projects, by lending institutions and by shareholders and other stakeholders. Beers Neal PC has offices located in Saint John and in St. Stephen
Reporting to the Senior Manager and Partner, the Senior Staff Accountant will work collaboratively with team members and partners to problem solve, facilitate decision-making, documentation, and management of client expectations and team leadership.
- Provide solutions to our clients on current business and financial conditions
- Assist in the planning and execution of assurance engagements
- Develop solutions through discussions, in a team or with clients
- Experience in technical research in accounting standards and understand control systems
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of engagements
- Supporting year-end planning
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- Developing and maintaining positive and productive working relationships
- Continue your professional development to continue and expand your career
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Commerce or BBA in Accounting, along with a minimum of five years experience in Assurance. The Senior Staff Accountant will take a proactive and detail-oriented problem solving approach and demonstrate their strong financial and analytical comprehension, exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
The Senior Staff Accountant will effectively communicate and display their interpersonal skills across a collaborative team and engaged client base. A CPA designation or an interest in completing a CPA designation is considered an asset.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).