On behalf of City Wide Communications, we’re searching for a Senior Systems/Network Administrator to join their growing team. Working to connect Atlantic Canada since 1997, City Wide Communications is the largest independent internet provider in Atlantic Canada. Based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, City Wide is locally owned, operated, and proud of the customer relationships they’ve built over the past 25 years of service.
The Senior Systems/Network Administrator will be tactical in the Windows and Linux environment and assist with the development and deployment of new services to City Wide customers. You’ll assist in the planning, development, and design of our information systems and core network, lead projects through to completion, and will have the chance to leverage your knowledge to help City Wide continue on its path of expansion. Bonus points if you have a good sense of humor!
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing hands-on management and support of highly available Windows and Linux environments
- Assisting with the development and deployment of new services to our customers
- Working closely with all team members to drive product/system features to market
- Assisting in the resolution of customer support issues on our developed software and services in conjunction with our customer support teams
- Providing operational systems support including break-fix responsibility as well as proactive maintenance
What we are looking for:
- Solid experience with networking protocols, web systems, and Linux/Windows servers
- Experience managing and maintaining Linux, Windows, and networked systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies
- University degree, college diploma, or relevant field experience is an asset
- Experience with virtualization platforms (VMWare), Juniper routers/switches, IP Telephony (SIP), and/or IPTV Systems is an asset
If you meet most of the requirements listed above and are motivated to deliver great services/systems, we’re interested in hearing from you!
What’s in it for you:
- Health & dental benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation
- Office space and remote working flexibly
- Flexible schedule
- An incredibly fun, dynamic environment with a great team in a fast-growing company
- Opportunity for career growth as the company grows
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resumes to Steph MacIntosh via firstname.lastname@example.org or Craig Coady via email@example.com.