LifeRaft, a leader in security intelligence and one of Atlantic Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies, is looking for a proven leader that has a track record of successfully building and evolving SaaS products. On their behalf, we are searching for a quality-minded, experienced Senior Vice President of Engineering to lead their growing, diverse worldwide team of over 30 engineers.
Based out of Nova Scotia, Canada, LifeRaft was incorporated in 2014 with a clear objective to advance corporate security. They pride themselves on an innovative spirit and determination to help solve new challenges developed by the complexities of open-source data.
LifeRaft’s SaaS-based threat intelligence platform, called Navigator, is designed to identify, track, and validate issues from open-source channels (surface, deep web, and darknet) related to executive safety, fraud prevention, and asset & infrastructure protection.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will report directly to the CEO and partner closely with the VP of Product to further establish and execute the long-term vision. We are looking for a collaborative leader who will continuously motivate and guide the team while ensuring operational excellence across the technology function.
- Manage across a growing engineering organization composed of multiple application development, DevOps, data acquisition, and QA functions
- Identify, recommend, and implement new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making
- Establish and evolve systems and processes within the engineering org and help drive a strong engineering culture
- Join the leadership team and set strategy to achieve critical business goals
- Lead software architecture and technical design, translating product requirements into SaaS products that are reliable, scalable, and secure
- Strategize with the Engineering Management team and lead growth planning objectives, OKRs, and Roadmap planning
- Recruit to continue growing a team of highly technical engineers and engineering leaders
- Manage critical projects with strong attention to detail to ensure they are delivered on time and with high quality
- Provide guidance to the DevOps leaders to support exceptional uptime
- Provide coaching and mentorship to Engineering Managers and Principals and engage in strategic planning setting clear targets and goals to create an environment of continuous improvement
- Play the role of facilitator and un-blocker so that each individual and the team collectively can hit their goals
- Work closely with product managers, designers, customer success, marketing, and sales to ensure alignment of your team’s work with business objectives
- Bring best practices in engineering management to the organization
What’s in it for you?
Impact: This is a transformative executive opportunity to lead operations of a scaling engineering team while guiding modernization efforts, building the next generation of their SaaS solution.
Innovation: You’ll be leveraging cloud tech and exploring the frontiers of open-source data on the darknet, surface, and deep web.
Flexibility: The LifeRaft team has employees working across Canada from the comfort of their own homes. That being said, you are also welcome to work from the Halifax office, with the rest of the team… and their office dogs!
Challenge: Your work is solving real-world problems, and is bridging the gap between physical and digital security challenges.
What we’re looking for:
- You love building great SaaS products.
- You remain positive and bring high energy.
- You are deeply curious at your core and a demonstrated problem solver.
- Experience in developing and maintaining positive and effective working relationships with engineering counterparts, with overlapping yet divergent priorities, through collaboration and negotiation.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills, and a consistent track record of mentoring and coaching engineers
- Experience building and operating a fully remote engineering team
- Relevant experience growing and leading Engineering teams beyond 50+ members within a product-led, SaaS organization
- Extensive experience with developing and delivering scalable, enterprise SaaS solutions and scaling up operations
- Can roll up your sleeves and deep dive into the technology when needed
- Substantial individual contributor experience as a software developer prior to moving into management
- Must have experience building a cloud-based SaaS product using microservices architecture
- You’ve had experience transitioning from a monolith architecture to microservices
- Strong knowledge of managing SaaS release cycle
- Strong organizational leadership and project management skills
- Proven ability to assess top engineering and technical talent and create hiring strategies to develop quality teams.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
- Extensive experience identifying and monitoring key metrics
- Strong communication skills for cross-functional collaboration and translating complex technical topics to various non-technical audiences
Current tech stack in use: NodeJS/Typescript, PHP/Laravel, Python, React, MySQL, Elastic Search, Kafka, Microservices architecture, Docker/Kubernetes, AWS/GCP
You would be a great fit for this opportunity if you have previously led an organization through accelerated scaling of products/teams and want to take on your next big challenge. We’re looking for someone with strong operational chops and technical leadership skills who can move people to achieve strategic and ambitious corporate goals.
Compensation includes stock options, extended health & dental benefits, remote-work flexibility, and more.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please reach out!
LifeRaft values inclusion and diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.