Venor is proud to partner with our client Nova Truck Centres, in their search for a Service Manager, based out of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. The Dartmouth location is the largest truck shop in Nova Scotia with twenty-four bays and over thirty technicians, and the Service Manager plays a key role in the organization in managing an efficient and profitable department. The successful candidate will take on a leadership role in all aspects of the service department, while driving change and desired business results through building both customer confidence, and strong relationships. The Service Manager is responsible for the integrity, growth, and profitability of the service department by maintaining and supporting company objectives through the effective management and growth of the service business.
- Model the way for safe, environmentally sound, and healthy work behaviours aligned with our values and objectives
- Manage and meet all departmental service objectives
- Provide administrative and policy guidance on Nova’s policies to all direct reports
- Maintain trusted relationships by leading a high level of customer service
- Review and monitor operational expenses and financial reports
- Develop, implement, and manage improvements for all aspects of the service business
- Lead, inspire and coach employees to achieve personal and company goals
- Actively pursue business in the territory to support service growth
- Collaborate and work closely with the Sales and Parts Teams
- Provide a sense of urgency and foster a team environment to encourage consistent growth and improvement
As the successful candidate, you have a post-Secondary Education or Technical qualifications with a minimum of 5 years industry experience in a leadership position. A related industry would be considered. You are someone who is safety conscious with a strong technical aptitude and a solid knowledge of the trucking or associated industry. You have strong communication skills and are customer centric with proven leadership, coaching and team development abilities. You possess strong interpersonal skills to deal with internal and external customers at all levels and very strong business acumen with the ability to oversee financial operations.
As the ideal candidate, you have a mindset for continuous improvement and experience in planning and budgeting with strong organizational skills. You are someone who is strategic and influential with excellent analytical, problem solving and conflict management skills. You pride yourself on being flexible with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and are computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Applications.
For more information on this position, please reach out to Erika Hildebrand via firstname.lastname@example.org