Venor is proud to partner with our client Arctic Wolf in their search for a Site Reliability Developer. Monitoring over 250 billion security events daily, the Arctic Wolf Networks is a cybersecurity platform that helps small and mid-sized organizations to detect and respond to cyber threats. Built on an open XDR architecture, the platform collects and enriches endpoint, network, and cloud telemetry, and then analyzes it with multiple detection engines. Machine learning and custom detection rules then deliver personalized protection for their clients.
As Site Reliability Developer you’ll join the SRE team and work to design, develop, and deploy software to help scale the customer-facing services with a focus on security and reliability. You’ll play a part in developing the SRE team and associated processes, so if you want the opportunity to help scale an SRE team from the ground up to a global team, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping to develop SRE processes and best practices
- Designing, developing, and deploying software to help scale the customer-facing services with a focus on security and reliability
- Working with the Platform Engineering teams to continue to develop the continuous delivery and observability systems
- Collaborating with the R&D product teams in developing reliable, scalable, observable systems
- Triaging and debugging production incidents, and participating in blameless postmortems
- Reducing toil by automating everything
Arctic Wolf values a culture of sharing, so every team has the opportunity to share their work with the entire department during our monthly R&D Demos. Once a year there is a department-wide Hackathon, teaming up across all R&D teams over four days to collaborate and build ideas outside the normal project scope. While innovation is the focus, some of these ideas do make it into company products.
What we are looking for:
You’re an experienced software developer who enjoys solving complex technical challenges with little to no guidance. You care about writing quality code that is maintainable. Working collaboratively in cross-functional teams is your thing. Colleagues look to you for guidance on software development best practices.
You should have some experience in one or more of these areas:
- Experience working in an SRE team responsible for large-scale services
- Strong understanding of SRE concepts, principles, and processes
- Background in designing, building, and running distributed, scalable systems
- Development experience in Python, Go, or Java
- Strong experience with core AWS technologies including EC2, ECS, EKS, S3, and CloudFormation
- Experience with Kubernetes at scale
- Solid work experience with Ubuntu or other Linux variants
- Understanding of messaging services like Kafka or AWS SQS/SNS
In addition, you may have demonstrated leadership experience from previous projects, regardless of title held. Even if you haven’t worked with all of the specific technologies, you bring a diverse knowledge base that you use to help the team solve complex technical problems. You have comprehensive knowledge of software development practices and mastery overwriting and debugging code. You’ll receive all the security training you need through Arctic Wolf’s onboarding process and through additional training on the job.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
For more information, interested candidates can forward their interest to Nick Misener via email@example.com or Steph MacIntosh via firstname.lastname@example.org.