Venor has partnered with Byos, a well-funded start-up based in Halifax, NS looking to add a Site Reliability Engineer to its expanding team. Byos Inc. develops hardware and software for endpoint security products. Their current offering, the Micro Gateway, has recently launched and is receiving positive market feedback. On their behalf, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who is experienced in modern cloud technologies and DevOps best practices.
The Site Reliability Engineer should have familiarity with at least one programming language and be able to take ownership of their part of the project(s). The successful candidate will play an integral role in ensuring the stability and scalability of Byos’ cloud infrastructure from aiding in the selection of tools and technologies to adopt in our stack to design, development, testing, deployment, and operations. As a small company, applicants should expect to perform tasks beyond their core competency and enjoy working in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop secure, robust, and testable, deployments of Byos cloud infrastructure and services
- Work closely with the Director of Engineering to execute on technical roadmaps
- Participate in design reviews and collaborate closely with other team members
- Build robust methodologies and processes to deliver high-quality products
- Dissect existing cloud architecture and services and create deployment strategies and pipelines to roll out future deployments
- Produce high-quality design documentation to present to project stakeholders and new hires.
What we are looking for:
- You have experience with CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Vagrant, and Docker (or are willing to learn quickly)
- You are an intermediate or better level programmer in at least one language (Python, Go, Rust, C/C++, etc…)
- Proficient in the Unix terminal line and bash scripting
- Familiar with relational and non-relational databases (MariaDB/MySQL, SQLite, MongoDB)
- Knowledgeable of the AWS cloud offering, and have or are obtaining AWS certifications
- Familiar with best practices in the deployment of serverless and containerized services
- Aware of the challenges and solutions in delivering multi-tenant cloud services, relevant compliance, and certification requirements for cloud applications
- You are competent in cloud and application security
What’s in it for you:
- Office in Volta – Canada’s East Coast Innovation Hub.
- Health, Dental, and Professional coverage for you and your family start immediately.
- Flexible working hours/environment with generous home office allowance.
- One paid holiday per month + ‘Holiday Shutdown’ between Christmas and New Years.
- Three weeks’ vacation (in addition to holiday shut down).
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates can reach out to Nick Misener via email@example.com or Steph MacIntosh via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.