Venor is partnering with Magnet Forensics in their search for a Software Developer. Recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada by Canadian Business’s Growth 500 List in 2016, 2017, and 2019, Magnet Forensics offers the best digital forensics tools available in today’s market. With over 4,000 customers in over 90 countries, Magnet Forensics is based in Waterloo and currently has employees working in Ottawa, Herndon, and Singapore. Their flagship digital investigation software, Magnet AXIOM, is used by over half of the Fortune 100 and worldwide by law enforcement agencies and corporations to uncover the truth in their investigations.
As Magnet Forensics begins its expansion eastwards to Halifax, they are seeking a passionate and motivated Software Developer to join their growing Engineering team. You’ll be working directly with Magnet Forensics’ flagship customer-facing product, AXIOM. AXIOM is a complete digital forensics suite enabling our customers to recover, analyze and report on digital evidence.
You’ll be working on new features, improving existing features, and making a direct impact on the quality of the codebase. You will have the autonomy to investigate new tools/tech and lead new initiatives on the product you are working on and the opportunity to use modern cloud technology to build next-generation products for Magnet Forensics.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and implementing new features for our flagship product AXIOM
- Continuously refactoring code and improving domain boundaries
- Continuously improving existing features
- Taking ownership over the quality of the code you produce
- Collaborating with your direct team members as well as the engineering org to drive innovation
- Adapting to changes as they arise from business and customer needs
- Participating as an active team member with fellow talented developers and software testers
- Writing code that is clean and testable
What we are looking for:
- Strong experience in any object-oriented programming (C#, C++, Java)
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Resourcefulness and resilience with overcoming difficult and unique challenges
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment with smart, funny and interesting people
- You are curious and enjoy learning new things
- Experience working with .NET and WPF, an asset
Technologies currently used at Magnet (specific experience in these not required):
- .NET Core, ASP.NET Core
- Elasticsearch, MySQL
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Linux, bash, Windows
- AWS, Azure
- Microservice architecture
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, contact Nick Misener via email@example.com