Venor is proud to partner with GeoSpectrum technologies as they continue their growth. We are seeking highly motivated software developers who are passionate about working in a highly integrated and collaborative ocean technology environment. We’re looking for developers at all stages of their career with at least some exposure to C++. We have multiple openings and we would love to speak with you regardless of whether you are a generalist or want to specialize in certain areas such as user interfaces or signal analysis.
- Contribute to the development of our core sonar platform used across product families from small, embedded underwater sensors to high-volume server applications
- Participate in and potentially lead the design of new software features, including prototyping and proof-of-concept development where appropriate
- Help drive the software development life cycle through feature development, unit testing, integration and defect resolution
- Support software quality through reviewing design, code, and tests
- Work with all members of the broader GTI team including hardware engineers, technical writers, data analysts and subject matter experts as needed
- Provide regular feedback to your scrum team through sprint retrospectives and daily stand-ups, and assist with sprint planning activities
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related field
- Thorough understanding of software development practices
- Experience with C++ preferred or, alternatively, experience with C and one or more other object-oriented languages
- Experience with Linux and multi-platform development
- Knowledge of OO design principles and patterns
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills with an interest in research and analysis
- Experience with scrum or other agile methodologies would be considered an asset
- Exposure to UI frameworks is an asset, especially if QT/QWT
- Domain knowledge of acoustics, signal processing, marine mammals, or oceanography would also be considered an asset.
- All candidates must be eligible to apply for, and maintain Canadian Controlled Goods and Canadian Government Security Clearances
GTI offers competitive salary and benefits, and a comfortable, flexible work environment within a highly skilled team. If you enjoy tasks that require a methodical approach, attention to detail, and critical analysis; then this may be the right opportunity for you!
GTI is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self-identify on either your application form, covering letter or resume.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
Please send your resume and inquires to JF Ratthé via email, firstname.lastname@example.org