LifeRaft (Social Navigator Inc.) is a company based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, that provides a SaaS-based threat intelligence platform to security and business risk teams in the corporate/commercial sector. On their behalf, Venor is recruiting for a Software Development Team Lead.
Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, LifeRaft’s critical risk detection software, “Navigator”, delivers proactive and real-time alerts that allow a company to protect its employees, customers, and assets. LifeRaft has over 100 blue-chip customers, including many Fortune 100 in over 25 countries across industries such as broadcasting & telco, finance & insurance, healthcare, energy, hospitality, and more.
We are seeking an experienced and versatile Lead Developer to lead a small team of 5 developers and act as a key player in the expansion of LifeRaft’s SaaS-based Navigator platform, from new feature development through to maintenance. Reporting to the VP, Engineering, the Software Development Team Lead is responsible for leading a team of 3 to 5 developers. The team lead is responsible for coordinating the work, facilitating collaboration, coaching, and being a technical reference for others. If you want to work with a dynamic, fast-growing team with an innovative spirit and a determination to help solve new challenges developed by the complexities of open source data – this could be the opportunity for you.
What’s in it for you?
- Coordinate the work assigned to your team for each sprint (remove roadblocks)
- Coordinate the resolution of production issues
- Coach existing and new team members (onboarding and training)
- Perform code reviews and peer programming when necessary
- Be an advocate for your team to upper management and other areas of the company
- Take ownership of your team and work on continuous improvement, ensuring the team remains engaged
- Assisting management with performance reviews of your team members
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience building web applications
- Proven experience as a team lead
- Vast experience with PHP/Laravel
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL experience is preferred)
- We value experience working with Node JS or Python
What’s in it for you:
- Flexible hours and work from home
- Health & dental benefits (after probationary period)
- Partial phone plan coverage
- Diversity & Inclusion committee
- Free parking at Bayers Lake office
- Well lit, comfortable working space
- Great office parties
- Hilarious co-workers
- Mediocre office-supplied coffee
- Office dogs!
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.