Our global client is an industry leader within financial services who are quickly gaining a reputation as one of the top employer brands in Atlantic Canada due to their entrepreneurial, innovative and people-focused culture. They have attracted some of the best talent in and to our region, who enjoy making a real impact on a global organization that focuses on outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for their shareholders. Now they seek the talents of an Application Developer who will work as part of a team responsible for developing new systems and enhancing existing solutions.
These systems support the needs of key groups such as Finance and Actuarial. This position requires the ability to work under your own initiative on complex project components. You will be part of a development team and will be supported by senior developers and delivery leads. You are expected to coordinate with other groups such as architecture, data governance, infrastructure and other development teams. Success in this position is based on the ability to analyze specifications and translate that into working code.
The Application Developer will be involved throughout the development lifecycle, through requirements analysis, coding, unit testing, system testing and packaging. They will provide analysis of issues during user acceptance testing and during bedding in of solutions post production deployment. They will be involved in investigating, architecting, designing and implementing new solutions and/or adding new features and functions to existing solutions, which meet the client’s business needs.
- Will be part of a development team in executing critical projects and enhancements.
- Design, Build and Test applications and integrations in Microsoft stack (.NET, MVC, Web API, ASP.NET, C#, MS SQL, Visual Studio)
- Development of data models, ETL and BI solutions using SQL Server & the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Work as part of an Agile/iterative development team.
- Work with Release Management to ensure compliance with releases protocols.
- Interact with Business, Program/Project Management, Information Security, Infrastructure
- Application Development and Maintenance resources to drive application improvements.
- Identify areas where processes and standards could be improved and help implement any changes.
Required Skills and Qualifications.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience as a full-stack software engineer/developer or similar role in a software development setting, in an IT environment
- Strong experience with Microsoft development and tooling stacks (particularly .NET, MVC, Web API, ASP.NET, C#, MS SQL, Visual Studio).
- Practical experience in branching, merging code, deployment processes and continuous integration using Azure DevOps/TFS
- The ability to manage APIs, exposing/consuming via Microservices (Rest and SOAP) Sound understanding of RDBMS and Data Repositories (Oracle, SQL Server, Azure with noSQL)
- Experience in Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, PL/SQL, ETL processing & the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) is preferred but not essential
- Experience with working with large data sets and having expertise in data-mapping, validation, and data cleansing techniques is a plus Knowledge of distributed systems and service-oriented architecture
- Experience with Agile methodologies including SCRUM
- The ability to collaborate effectively and communicate transparently
- Very strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Additional experience and qualifications that are desirable include:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or equivalent experience
- Experience in specialty insurance and reinsurance
- Experience implementing Risk and Actuarial Solutions with knowledge of RMS, AIR, Remetrica, ResQ
- Strong Business Architectural and Process design skills
- Knowledge of industry frameworks and methodologies, such as COSO, ITIL, CMMi, CobiT, resp. Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, TQM
- Experience with continuous software delivery pipelines and containers
- Experience with managing priorities and tight deadlines while maintaining highest quality standards
- The ability to learn new technologies as required
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, contact Nick Misener via firstname.lastname@example.org