Note: The title of the role can be Lead, Director or Head for the right individual.
Note 2: This role is the first Senior level Product Designer hire. Our client’s office is located in Downtown Toronto and the hire is required to work in a Hybrid capacity (Some days in office, some days remote).
Note 3: This role requires Figma experience.
Venor is proud to partner with a startup that has built a Social Media Storefront empowering anyone to make a living working for themselves on the internet. Our client knows just how hard it is to create content full-time, so they’ve built a one-stop-shop to run coaching bookings, recurring membership, and passive income all in one place. On their behalf, we are on the search for their first Senior Product Designer.
- Watch user sessions and to interpret and synthesize user experience with the product
- Conduct user interviews to gather feedback and inform design vision
- Create Lo/Fi wireframes prototyping new features and revamping existing interfaces
- Work with UI team and drive design vision
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to inform the research and set priorities
- Experience: 5+ years in a UI/UX role
- Preferred Background: Startups and Small Teams
- Hands on:
- In depth experience with Figma is required
- Experience with resolving responsive web and mobile design challenges
- Experience designing web and mobile applications
- Experience revamping a product with demonstrated success metrics
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $120,000 – $180,000 CAD + Equity
- Extensive Benefits
- Health & Wellness Membership Reimbursement up to $500 per year
- Choose one of Gym, Yoga, Martial Arts, or Dance Memberships
- Home office stipend
Reports To: Co-Founder
- Venor Recruiter Prescreen: 25-30 Minutes via Phone
- 1st Interview: 1 Co-Founder – About the company, role, experience via Google Meet – 30 Minutes
- Take Home Assignment: Solve a real life problem- 2-3 Hours
- 2nd Interview: 1-2 Team Members – In person design on a call via Google Meet or in person – 1 Hour
- 3rd Interview: Multiple Team Members, Intro Chat via Google Meet or in person – 30 Minutes
- Conditional Offer Stage subject to successful Reference Check and Criminal Record Check
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
For more information, interested candidates can forward their resume and portfolio to Junior Roberts via firstname.lastname@example.org