Venor is proud to partner with Saeplast in their search for a Supply Chain Manager in Saint John, New Brunswick. They are searching for a supply chain professional to manage the flow of materials at the plant. This includes, but not limited to, assessing the required inventory levels (raw materials and components), purchasing these inventory items in a cost-effective manner, following products through the various stages of production from inception to completion while supporting production and supervisors with locating components or required other raw materials.
This selected candidate will be responsible for purchasing according to daily/weekly production needs and fulfilling ad-hoc purchasing requirements, inventory management (raw material, components, finished goods), keeping and developing relationships with vendors, recruiting new vendors, and managing those relationships (including H&S documentation requirements).
- Participation in production planning, purchasing, inventory control, forecasting, warehousing, tracking, inbound transportation, and other areas are required.
- Develop processes, analytics, systems, and data management capabilities, including metrics and reports.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Execute the results of the sales and operations planning process including supply / demand forecasting, inventory management, and on time delivery.
- Develop and implement new systems, best practices, inventory control, demand planning, and other optimizations to grow the business.
- Development and maintenance of all BOMs and MRP.
- Lead the execution of a new ERP system over the next 3 – 6 months.
- Develop and implement profit improvement plans consistent with management plans.
- Identify potential projects to deliver changes and improvements to the supply chain and implement selected projects.
- Manage contractor and subcontractor activities, reviewing proposals, developing performance specifications, and serving as a liaison with the organizations.
As the ideal candidate, you possess a degree in business management, Supply Chain Management designation or equivalent, paired with a minimum 5 years of professional work experience in the discipline. You are someone who has knowledge and hands on experience in detailed project management specifically implementation of an ERP or MRP II system. Work experience in a unionized setting is an advantage and knowledge of tooling, molds, etc. is beneficial but not essential.
As the successful candidate, you have excellent analytical and listening skills. You work well independently and collaboratively with others within the organization. You can gain consensus on the implementation of new processes and have excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can multitask in a decentralized environment. You are also well versed in Microsoft suite programs, Quality Management, Lean Manufacturing, ISO, etc. and ISO.