Venor is proud to partner with Cymax Group Technologies on their search for an SVP & General Manager (eCommerce). Cymax is a leader in the North American multi-channel e-commerce space. Partnering with some of the biggest selling and shipping partners in the United States and Canada, they provide companies with the ability to ship, track, and manage shipments at a fraction of the cost. With an exceptional executive team made up of accomplished digital supply chain and eCommerce industry leaders, this is an opportunity to make a significant impact while driving growth in a strong, people-focused culture focused on innovation.
What you’ll be doing
As SVP, General Manager eCommerce, you will contribute to the Cymax mission by developing the strategy and leading the execution for Cymax Group’s eCommerce Business Unit. You will utilize thought leadership, strong business acumen, cross-functional collaboration to drive growth across all eCommerce channels by implementing strategic initiatives to increase sales and profitability. Yet while this role is for a strategic visionary, to achieve true success, the SVP will be willing to get their hands dirty, learning the data, teams and business from a granular level to be able to truly understand the gaps and opportunities ahead.
Regular responsibilities are as follows:
- Participate in strategic planning as a member of the senior management team, specifically contributing to the development of strategies and methodologies to integrate and optimize the strategy, roadmap, and tactics of the organization
- Develop long-term vision for the eCommerce business; plan/drive transitions to the next stage of company growth
- Responsible for the management and execution of project plans and delivery commitments
- Oversees resources, staffing, budgets, and the enhancement/development of a best-in-class team
- Mentor team members, including regular performance reviews and on-time feedback
- Works with peers and P&C team to drive strong talent management, including succession, L&D, and growth plans for the team
- Represent the eComm business from a thought leadership perspective, ensuring Cymax is seen as a thought leader in the industry and driving internal growth initiatives that continue to make Cymax highly relevant in the future.
- Develop the strategy and lead the execution for Cymax Group’s eCommerce Business Unit, including revenue drivers, strategic account planning, and business leadership
- Build, lead, coach, and mentor the teams responsible for eCommerce Marketing, Channels (marketplaces and websites), Vendor Management, Merchandising, and Category Management and Product Development
- Work with the departmental leaders to ensure strong & measurable KPI’s are created and maintained for each team member, including creation and execution of quarterly OKRs
- Develop and execute a rigorous data-driven roadmap to drive improved customer experience and site productivity across all channels, but particularly their websites
- Define and deliver to revenue targets (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually) for each eCommerce channel (marketplace, websites, and inbound sales)
- Understand and continuously monitors key website metrics in order to develop a deep understanding of customer behavior and to drive continuous improvement and revenue growth
- Partners and maintain strong relationships with internal service providers to help drive the eCommerce business, including Product, Technology, and Analytics across all project plans and delivery commitments
- Manages the P&L for each individual eCommerce channel
- Identifies opportunities to grow into new eCommerce programs and expand Cymax’s footprint across additional channels and geographies, including development and optimization of vendor programs, partnership models, revenue opportunities
- Proactively grow and manage strong partnerships with vendors
- Identify new external opportunities to continue to grow and expand their eCommerce footprint
- Continue to build and improve business relationships with each channel and support with escalations as needed with marketplace channels
- Work effectively in cross-functional relationships with other departments, including but not limited to Analytics, Operations, Customer Service, IT, Finance, People & Culture
What we’re looking for
- Data-driven decision maker
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A hands on leader, willing to lead by example and mentor others
- Ability to inspire, engage, and motivate high-performing teams to achieve strong results and measured against defined KPIs (key performance indicators)
- Ability to work cross-functionally at all levels to ensure the eCommerce business is delivering on its objectives
- Strong knowledge of e-commerce platforms
- Strong knowledge of sales, profitability and cost models
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field (MBA is considered an asset)
- 8+ years’ experience in leading an eCommerce function and team, or a combination of equivalent experience and education
- Experience working in the furniture industry across international markets is considered a significant asset
- Proven record of accomplishment in driving and accelerating ecommerce revenue growth
- Hands-on experience developing, planning, launching, and analyzing customer acquisition and retention
- Strong record of accomplishment in managing multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
At Venor and Cymax Group, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates can reach out to Nick Misener via firstname.lastname@example.org and Craig Coady via email@example.com for more information.