On behalf of the Municipality of Chester, Venor is searching for a Systems Analyst to join their growing team. Reporting to the Director of Information Services, the Systems Analyst is responsible for assisting with database design and development, hardware and network maintenance, end-user support, network security, software applications, disaster recovery and client-server architecture. You’ll also be responsible for providing IT support to the Town of Lunenburg on a part-time basis.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems as required
- Collaborating with GIS Specialist, Records Manager, and IT Director to resolve issues and ensuring solutions are viable and consistent
- Troubleshooting technical issues and providing support for an ITIL-compliant helpdesk
- Creating system guidelines and documentation
- Conducting regular reviews of systems and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas
- Assisting in the development and implementation of security protocols
- Report writing using Microsoft Report writer, Crystal Reports, and other technologies
What we are looking for:
- Working knowledge and experience in various software applications including Microsoft applications such as the O365 Suite, Windows Operating Systems and Servers, SQL
- Hardware maintenance and troubleshooting skills with network components, workstations, and/or printers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies
- University degree, college diploma, or relevant field experience is an asset
- Experience with data modelling and data visualization tools considered an asset
- Certifications in VMWare, security, or Microsoft considered an asset
What’s in it for you:
- Health & dental benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation
- Office space and remote working flexibly
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities.
If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resumes to Steph MacIntosh via email@example.com or Anna Bryant via firstname.lastname@example.org.