Venor is proud to partner with CG Industrial Specialties (CGIS) on their search for a Territory Manager to join their team. CGIS was founded in 1980 and continues to be an industry leader in Severe Service Valves. With over 40 years of extensive experience, CGIS has played a key role in sculpting the valve automation industry thanks to their industry veterans and their dedication to continuous learning. Well established in Western Canada and recognized internationally, we are expanding our Brampton operations and growing our team.
We have a great opportunity for the right individual to join our team and lead the growth and development of CGIS’ Ontario operations as Territory Manager. In this role, you will oversee the safe, efficient, and effective operation of the Brampton Automation & Service facility and the growing Ontario team. Reporting to the President, the Territory Manager is a key member of the Ontario Leadership team and is responsible for leading and championing CGIS’ customer centric strategy and corporate culture in Ontario for the long term.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established company and grow a new market!
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Lead and direct daily branch activities to ensure alignment with customer centric strategy
- Empower the front line through our Business Streams approach to deliver a consistently superior customer experience. Collaborate and partner with other members of the Leadership team
- Promote and lead an engaged team culture based on positive open communication, trust, and transparency
- Determine adequacy of equipment and technologies used for all operations
- Communicate effectively and clearly, prepare business cases as needs arise for capital expenditures, additional staffing or other expenses based on assessed needs
- Maintenance of Occupational Health and Safety practices and procedures as required throughout the office and facility by WSIB; works also in conjunction with the corporate Health & Safety committee
- Act as main contact for Site Location; Liaise with landlord as required
- Ensure ISO Quality Assurance standards are met for location
- Evaluate and balance inventory levels in territory
- Ensure On-Time Delivery of customer orders through process management and coaching of others to problem solve
- Work with vendors to resolve non-conformance
- Apply effective people management skills with respect to recruitment and selection, coaching, succession planning, and employee relations and partner effectively with People and Culture and other Partners as required
- Recommend and support ongoing training and development for all direct reports to achieve a high performing team
Qualities and Qualifications:
- At least five years in a similar management role in an industrial setting, valve industry strongly preferred
- Previous experience selling Industrial Valves in Ontario, preferred
- Diploma or Degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Passion for operational excellence and continuous learning
- Highly driven and disciplined with a strong work ethic and strategic business acumen
- Strong skills in planning, organization, detail orientation, analysis, and troubleshooting
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- A community builder, the ability to foster an environment that encourages teamwork participation, transparency, creativity, openness, honesty, and mutual respect
- Skilled at the management of multiple projects, including opportunity analysis and decision making
- Excellent Microsoft Suite experience
- Experience using a CRM; SAP Business1 would be ideal
- Travel up to 10 – 20%
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, your application is welcome. Diversity is appreciated and there is an understanding that we all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. Applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities are encouraged. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know.