Venor is proud to partner with West Nova Fuels (WNF), in their search to fill a key role in their senior leadership team, the Vice President, Administration and Finance (VPAF). West Nova Fuels is proud to be a locally owned and operated company offering a world class portfolio of products and services in home heating and commercial fuel solutions. They are the local experts when it comes to providing safe, clean, and environmentally responsible fuel solutions, and it’s all delivered safely and efficiently at competitive prices. West Nova Fuels has a team of 125 people serving customers from 14 office locations throughout mainland Nova Scotia. WNF is the primary reseller of Petro-Canada branded lubricants throughout the Maritimes and a proud partner with Suncor Energy. West Nova Fuels continues to deliver strong organic growth, not only within its existing loyal customer base, but also through its successful mergers and acquisition strategy. West Nova Fuels is a market leader amongst its peers.
The Vice President, Administration and Finance (VPAF) has responsibility for all aspects of the administration and the financial stewardship of the company and recommends and implements critical short and long term strategies, policies, controls, and targets to facilitate positive company growth and ensure the prudent allocation of resources.
- Provide leadership and coaching that drives results within the administration team for both internal and external customers.
- Lead the organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and accuracy of all financial reporting
- Create administrative processes and controls which support the existing business and the future growth of the company
- Lead the financial processes for mergers and acquisition
- Develop and monitor business plans and KPIs to help drive efficient operations
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation and distribution of financial and management reporting, budgeting, and capital investment planning.
- Analyze data in order to advise the President on opportunities for improvement in sales, operations, safety, purchasing, and administration.
- Manage the IT, Systems, and Cyber Security needs of the company
- Ensure the proper care, maintenance, and upkeep of the head office in Lunenburg
- Assist the President in the development and implementation of company strategy, vision, culture, goals and plans
- Take all such actions necessary with the above defined areas of responsibility to protect the assets, brand image, and financial security of WNFL and to optimize its financial results
As the successful candidate, you have both strong communication and collaborative skills, and are able to maintain relationships with financial institutions and auditors in conjunction with the President. The VPAF is responsible for administering banking arrangements, payment processing, cash management, and other financial functions for the company. You are someone who is able to oversee the credit and collection functions, including customer financing, leasing, and renting programs. Reporting directly to the VPAF are the Controller and the Credit Manager, who in turn manage a team of roughly 10 accounting support staff.
As the ideal candidate, you have 5-10 years of people management and finance experience within industry which followed several years of professional service at an accounting firm. While experience at a firm is not necessarily required, it provides a strong foundation for the candidate who may be in their early stages of their career. You are someone with strong financial acumen and can assist in the implementation and improvement of internal processes while understanding financial controls and can develop business cases and projections for growth projects. As a natural leader, you are keen to lead the HR function for the company including payroll, employee recordkeeping, hiring and termination and labour standards, and coordinate Pension Plan and Heath/Dental benefits with Corporate Controller. A CPA/CA designation is considered a very strong asset.
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
The Vice President, Administration and Finance is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a strong financial background to step into a leadership role within a local organization that is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. For full details on this role, please reach out to Ian Sullivan, via firstname.lastname@example.org.