Sapper Labs Group (SLG) is an active cyber defence and intelligence company with a trusted international network delivering advanced cyber capabilities, products, services and cyber training to military, Government and critical infrastructure operators to counter advanced cyber adversaries. Sapper Labs Group Inc was formed in June 2022 as an amalgamation of Sapper Labs Inc (2006), Sapper Labs Cyber Solutions (2020) and Dark River Systems (2011). The leaders of the respective entities all worked with each other over the past decade in the national security realm and chose to join forces to address the massive opportunities presented in the cyber defence and intelligence markets.
On their behalf, we are seeking an experienced Vice President of Finance to join the organization and help guide the growth agenda through organic and non-organic (M&A) initiatives.
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the COO, the Vice President of Finance is a senior executive who oversees all financial matters for Sapper Labs. The role is responsible for processing the financial activities of the organization to maximize a company’s performance, profits and manage the financial plan for its growth accordingly. The role includes analyzing data and advising top executives on ways to use that information to make strategic decisions about the organization’s future. A hands-on approach is needed to all aspects of the organization’s finances.
- Serve as a financial advisor to the CEO and executive team for strategic planning purposes
- Oversee all sides of accounting operations, including payables, receivables, payroll, and tax preparation
- Develop appropriate tracking methods for revenue and expenses.
- Oversee development, oversight, and management of the organization’s investment plan
- Lead and manage the budgeting process
- Gather financial data for analysis and forecasting with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance
- Coordinate the preparation of annual, quarterly, and monthly reports
- Manage insurance coverage for the organization, including compliance
- Process the financial activities of an organization to maximize a company’s profits and plan for its growth
- Ensure a company complies with tax laws and regulations specific to that industry
As the ideal candidate you have a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting with a CPA designation and a minimum of ten years progressive leadership experience. You are growth oriented with the ability to see the big picture. You have experience as a senior member of a management team with demonstrated capabilities in executing strategy with a proven track record in overall financial and organizational management.
A strong leader, you have excellent written and oral communication, coupled with the ability to build relationships. Exceptional analytical skills, attention to detail and critical thinking are essential to success in this position.
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities.
If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Interested candidates are asked to please forward their resumes to Ian Sullivan at email@example.com and Shardeigh McGillivray at firstname.lastname@example.org