Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Venor is proud to have partnered with Butterfield for the recruitment of a position, Vice President Total Rewards, based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Reporting directly to the Group Head of Human Resources, responsible for the design and maintenance of a holistic framework of financial and non-financial rewards and HR programmes that reflect the organization’s strategy to attract, motivate and retain employees globally.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Improve the design, evaluation and implementation of global compensation, benefit and other HR programmes in close cooperation with colleagues across jurisdictions.
- Execute and operationalize total rewards strategies and designs that encompass work/lifestyle and development/career rewards.
- Contribute to the codification of the company’s benchmarking process and principles to promote global consistency in methodologies, developing incentive designs grounded with best practice approaches.
- Provide support to Group Head of HR and the Group Compensation and Human Resources Committee on Executive Compensation matters and best practices.
- Lead robust market benchmarking projects to assess the company’s pay positioning for a set of roles, global group bands or geographies and ensures we have a pulse of market compensation across our talent profiles.
- Build relationships with global compensation specialists and survey vendor contacts while collaborating with HR and Business colleagues to assess compensation pressure and develop solutions to address.
- Monitor external market compensation trends to ensure the company’s compensation practices are relevant and effectively attracting and retaining talent.
- Coordinate and drive the annual compensation review process (preparation, communication, execution/tools, reporting) and provide input for our future compensation decisions and strategies
- Research and analyse key perspectives (e.g. employee, external labor market, cost, and workforce requirements) as well as incorporating, developing and administering traditional compensation and benefits elements (inclusive of leaves of absences and disability programs), career frameworks, wellness strategies, work/life benefits and ongoing employee communication.
- Support ongoing Global HRIS system implementation and integration initiatives and projects
- Collaborate with the HRIS team to ensure system and data integrity, reports are being run in a timely manner and relevant file feeds to/from third parties are timely and accurate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree coupled with minimum 10 years of progressive experience in a strategic Total Rewards role including domestic and international compensation, benefits, wellness and other financial and non-financial rewards.
- Exceptional analytical skills, tech/systems savvy with HRIS Systems experience and advanced MS Excel capabilities
- Ability to collect and analyse complex data, define problems, establish facts, identify trends and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of SAP SuccessFactors considered a definite asset.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to establish credibility and effectively work with all levels of an organization.
- Strong understanding of current trends in compensation and benefit programs and interest in monitoring changes to the industry landscape, coupled with a familiarity of benchmarking best practices.
- Experience working on global benchmarking exercises is strongly preferred
- Experience contributing to initiatives from strategy to execution to results using a change-agent mindset