On behalf of our client, Graybar Canada, we are actively seeking an experienced VP, Operations & Supply Chain, to join their team in Halifax, NS. Graybar Canada is a leading wholesale distributor for thousands of products for Canada’s main industries. Graybar Branches across the country have the know-how to provide product solutions in the electrical, lighting, communications data, solar and utility industries and they offer an entire spectrum of related supply-chain management and logistics services.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As the VP of Operations and Supply Chain, you will report to the President of Graybar Canada. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategic service platform of the Company with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability by providing a unified customer experience across all channels.
- Lead and manage all facilities, inventory, supply chain, pricing strategy, logistics and transportation functions while maximizing the growth and profitability for the organization.
- Serve as a member of the Company’s executive team in the development and execution of the Company’s short- and long-term business goals and objectives.
- Establish long-term customer service objectives that are aligned with business goals and develop an overall strategic plan to provide these services in person and online.
- Participate in overall business planning, incorporating current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems to advance the Company’s competitive positioning and profitability.
- Oversee audits to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Develop long-range objectives and policies overseeing major facility expansion and renovation projects; review and approve project costs, infrastructure design, site selection, lease negotiations, effective energy management, equipment and technology utilization.
- Provide strategic direction for all aspects of inventory management including inventory control, demand planning, and replenishment buying activities.
- Develop purchasing budgets, plans, policies, systems, and procedures to reduce purchasing costs without compromising quality or reliability of supply.
- Develop efficiency metrics to evaluate the quality of work performed by the Operating Department of each location; determine the correlation between operational costs and business results.
- Responsible for the Company’s Quality Improvement Program; implementing profitable programs and improved processes to generate higher return on investment (ROI) and workflow optimization.
What We’re Looking For:
As the successful candidate, you have 7 to 10 years of executive leadership experience in a large, multi-site organization. You also have experience in the wholesale distribution or on-line retail industry.
As the ideal candidate, you are knowledgeable of supply chain best practices, automated logistics technology, distribution management, purchasing strategies, traditional wholesale, online retail and distribution centers. You are detail oriented and can use your critical thinking skills to make sound decisions that will benefit the organization. You also have a continuous improvement mindset and use this approach to evaluate inventory and warehouse management processes to make improvements as needed.
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
For more insight, please contact Erika Hildebrand via firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrea Murray via email@example.com.