Dedicated to bringing safe and secure networks to professionals, enterprises and manufacturers - Byos is changing the foundation of how we view online security. Founded by successful start-up veterans, Byos is closing industry gaps, creating a portable secure gateway for users to access Wi-Fi safely in public. After noticing a continually growing remote workforce, Byos has created a one of a kind solution to security breaches, keeping your data safe from attackers - all in the palm of your hand. Byos’ technology provides Wi-Fi protection, controlled access, private DNS queries, attack containment, ad and tracker blocking and more. As they continue to grow their Halifax office, Byos is looking to expand their team of market disruptors and is seeking a Web Designer.
On behalf of Byos, Venor is looking for a Web Designer who can think outside of the box, has a creative imagination, and loves telling a story through design. This individual will be working on the marketing strategy and implementation for a proprietary endpoint security device. We’re looking for a person who is passionate about technology and designer and working on a tight-knit team. You will work closely with Product, Customer Success, and Sales teams to develop marketing & enablement assets. This is the perfect role for a web designer who has traditionally done web only but would like to gain more experience in product design.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and implement outstanding landing pages
- Create cross-channel design deliverables including website, product, social, email, and print
- Multi-task several projects at any given time under tight deadlines
- Explore new storytelling formats and develop innovative branding concepts
- Help establish & reinforce brand/communication design guidelines
- Create digital creative assets that will assist marketing and sales teams
- Work closely with the product development team on UX/UI.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of product-centric UX or UI design under your belt
- Proven track record and expertise in complex UX / UI Design problem solving
- Fluid with best practices in qualitative and quantitative user research and validation methodologies
- A pro in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision and Zeplin
- Experience with Gatsby, React, and Webpack strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- A top-notch design portfolio, demonstrating process, outcomes, and impact
- You can name off the top of your head what tools your ideal design toolkit includes.
- You communicate user flows, interaction, and motion and know which tool to use depending on the scope and phase of the project. You seek out new tools, try them out, and assess whether the broader team should use them.
- You demonstrate and articulate an understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy in web and mobile interfaces.
Benefits and Perks
- They work out of Volta Labs, Canada's East Coast Innovation Hub. Volta has many free events, and has a tight-knit community, and has a ping pong and foosball on site.
- Byos has a casual dress code and flexible working hours.
- They offer remote working days throughout the week because we know people are more productive in their preferred environments.
- They have health benefits, including dental, vision, and $25K life insurance.
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Nick Misener via firstname.lastname@example.org OR Craig Coady via email@example.com