Note: This role is Remote across Canada. It is a mix of Software Engineering / DevOps Engineering. It will start as a generalist DevOps role and then transition into Product Engineering.
Venor is proud to partner with a growing startup in the Wellness and Fitness Services industry Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta on their search for a Sr. Software Engineer – DevOps. Our client’s workforce mental health platform helps organizations build resilience, reduce mental ill-health, build safe culture, and enhance employee safety. They have helped employees in more than 22 countries around the world upskill resilience, behavioral health and psychological safety – so they can think, feel and be their best!
Why is this role important?
As a Sr. Software Engineer focusing on DevOps, you will help to create world-class software by building and maintaining the infrastructure, deployment processes, and culture that empowers our client’s engineering team. You will have an understanding of how all the pieces fit together and will be equally at home reading/writing code and managing AWS services.
What will you do?
- Lead the research, design, and analysis of their AWS architecture and service consumption
- Monitor and improve the scalability their systems
- Work to improve their CI/CD pipeline, deployment automation, etc.
- Write code, scripts, etc.
What are some initial projects you will work on?
- Implement a blue/green deployment strategy so that new code can be scaled in (likely ECS)
- Add a CDN in front of our public-facing S3 URLs and deliver time-bound access
What experience and skills are required?
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years as a Software Engineer
- 2-3+ years working as part of a Scrum team in a fast-paced environment
- Significant understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, code optimization, unit testing, debugging, continuous delivery, and version control
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience with REST, Bash/Shell/Command Line, Linux, and AWS (ECS)
- Experience with .NET or other backend language like Python, Java, Golang or other
- Passion for bringing the team along with you and making each member more effective through mentoring, coaching, and peer review
- An outcome-oriented, collaborative approach
- Github Actions
- Salary: $100,000-$125,000
- Employee stock options
- Vacation Days
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package
- A Health Spending Account
- Access to the company platform to help build your personal and organizational resilience
Report To: CTO
Tech Team: 5 Software Engineers, 2 Product Managers, 1 Product Designer, 1 QA
- Venor Recruiter Prescreen, 25-30 Minutes via Phone
- 1st Client Interview: w/ CTO, 30 Minutes via Zoom
- Take-Home Architecture-related Assignment (DevOps & Product Engineering) – 2 to 3 Hours
- 2nd Client Interview: w/ Lead Engineer – 45 Minutes via Zoom
- 3rd Client Interview: w/ HR – 30 Minutes via Phone or Zoom
- Offer Stage
At Venor, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
For more information, interested candidates can forward their resume to Junior Roberts via email@example.com