Venor has partnered with our client Phoenix Petroleum Ltd in their search for a Project Manager. The primary objective of the Project Manager (PM) is to deliver projects on time and on budget, with a focus on exceptional client satisfaction, quality, safety, and value-added services.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing all activities related to the planning through to completion of a project including estimating, scheduling, resourcing, contract preparation and negotiation, submittal and material procurement, and management of client needs and expectations.
The PM oversees and directs the project by communicating directly with clients, consultants, sub-contractors and internal resources regarding project status reports and ensure the execution of the project adheres to the contract plans and specifications.
- Develop the project scope of work requirements, cost estimates, project plan based on predefined customer strategy and budget.
- Define activities, sequences of events, dependencies, and duration of tasks.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of the project, including hiring contractors and working with engineers, architects, and vendors.
- Control the time, cost, and quality of projects, determine the scheduling of different phases based on established deadlines and day-today project management.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, contractors, and other workers.
- Prepare schedules and forecasts.
- Secure building permits and licenses and delivery of materials and equipment to project site and address project issues.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project address project issues and communicates and enforces company safety standards and operating practices.
- Represent the client’s best interest with a value-added approach.
- Post-project reviews with the intention of identifying best practices and cost breakdown.
- Complete required client safety training.
- Establish excellent working relationships with all team members to ensure high performance team and project success.
- Confer with supervisors or other managers to monitor project progress, including worker
productivity and compliance with building and safety codes.
As the ideal candidate, you have demonstrated effective project management skills with an understanding of industry practices, processes, standards etc. and their impact on project activities. You can successfully manage multiple projects at different stages of renovation/construction and can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. You understand basic accounting procedures including P&L, with exceptional organizational and planning skills. You have the ability to multitask, plan, and oversee multiple projects simultaneously. You are well versed in various software programs including project management software. You have strong contract negotiation skills, and possess an exceptional level of professionalism, integrity, and customer focus.
As the successful candidate, you have 5+ years of project management experience working in civil & heavy construction industries.
We are looking for someone who can work well independently in a high performing, fast-paced team environment with a high degree of energy to prioritize and manage time to maximize productivity and effectiveness. If you are interested in working with a growing organization reach out today!
At Venor, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, color, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status.
For more information on this exciting role with Phoenix Petroleum Ltd, please reach out to Erika Hildebrand via firstname.lastname@example.org