Our client, Hatch Ltd, is a global multidisciplinary management, engineering and development consultancy. Their global network of 9,000 professionals combines vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Hatch’s experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors. On behalf of Hatch, Venor is seeking an intermediate Structural Engineer to join their Halifax, NS office.
What You’ll be Doing:
As the Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for the design of industrial buildings and other various structures as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will work on complex and challenging projects related to the design of steel and concrete structures in industrial settings for new construction as well as repair, rehabilitation, or modification of existing construction.
- You will perform site visits as required for visual engineering assessments, field measurements, and construction support.
- You will design verification of structural calculations by others and prepare design drawings and specifications as well as participate in the estimation of project costs.
- You will ensure the integration and implementation of safety and integrity principles in Hatch’s structural documentation.
- As part of the design activities, you will adhere to all engineering standards and internal procedures, as well as participate in formal engineering review processes.
- You will supervise, support and mentor Structural Engineers-in-Training.
- You will actively coordinate with engineers and designers of other disciplines.
What We’re Looking For:
As the ideal candidate, you have a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a focus on structural design, combined with 5 – 10 years of experience designing steel and concrete structures. You have strong knowledge of design codes and standards along with experience using finite element analysis programs such as STAAD.Pro, S-Frame and SAP2000. You are also a member in good standing with Engineers Nova Scotia.
As the successful candidate, you work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary project team, and you possess excellent communication and organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Communication skills in French are considered an asset, but not required.
Hatch is committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
If this opportunity sounds like your next career move, apply now or reach out to Andrea Murray via firstname.lastname@example.org.