Venor is proud to partner with our client, Natural Forces Solar, in their search for a Vice President of Construction to join their team. Natural Forces Solar is a dynamic engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance company in the renewable energy sector. Based in Dartmouth, NS, Natural Forces Solar provides innovative, robust, and cost-effective renewable energy systems to clients across Canada.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Construction will play a leadership role in the execution of Natural Forces Solar’s renewable energy projects.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for renewable energy and will have previous experience setting up internal project management processes according to best practices, managing & mentoring project staff, and successfully managing large construction projects themself.
Projects will primarily consist of solar & energy storage projects, as well as projects that include other renewable energy technologies including electric vehicle charging infrastructure and energy efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in science, engineering, technology, construction management, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a project management role in the construction industry or similar, managing large projects ($5M+).
- Strong commercial understanding of construction and procurement contracts.
- Strong teamwork skills, particularly in multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, highly organized, attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize work accordingly.
- Ability to travel within Atlantic Canada.
Why Natural Forces Solar?
Empowering Start: Personalized, professional onboarding led by a dedicated mentor. We’re invested in your success from day one.
Collaborative Excellence: Dynamic team of renewable energy experts who are ready to support you with technical, construction, and contracting subject matter expertise.
Elevated Growth: Open and transparent communication regarding your performance and personalized professional development planning to develop your skills and progress your career.
Work Life Balance: Twenty-four (24) paid vacation days enabling you to spend quality moments with your loved ones and pursue your passions beyond work.
Competitive Package: Access top-tier benefits, including competitive compensation, RRSP matching, comprehensive health coverage, dental care, life insurance, and AD&D.
Flexibility Redefined: Embrace a dynamic work environment with flexible hours and full support in creating your ideal home office setup.
If you’re ready to join a purpose-driven team passionate about driving change, reach out to Shardeigh McGillivray via firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to our clean energy mission. Natural Force Solar provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement. We celebrate diversity and commit to an inclusive environment where all voices are valued and heard. We strive to make an equitable organization for our staff, stakeholders, and partners.